Another deadly night in Mexico. When 35-year-old Manuel “El Manny” Cardenas Medina (above) pulled up his Mercedes Benz to the entrance of his home in the La Escondido neighborhood in Monterrey on October 8, he was almost safe. Hell, the security guard almost waved him through the gate. But then an assassin pulled up alongside his car and fired several shots, killing the young cartel player.
- See video footage of the hit below.
Manuel Cardenas Medina is the nephew of Gulf Cartel boss and Los Zetas founder Osiel Cardenas Guillen and son of Mario “El Gordo” Cardenas, who is currently viewed as one of the cartel’s leading members. Both bosses are currently residing behind bars. Osiel Cardenas Guillen in the United States, Cardenas in Mexico.
“El Manny” wasn’t so lucky.
As Cardenas Medina was shot by the sicario – one bullet fatally hit him in the neck – his wife and children were in the car with him, looking on in horror. As he planked the gas to get out of there, he crashed his Benz nearby. While bleeding to death, his wife took their kids to safety.
The hitmen drove off and have not been apprehended. Seeing how this is Mexico, chances are they never will be.
Get the latest on organized crime and the Mafia first at the Gangsters Inc. news section.
If you enjoyed this article you might also enjoy reading:
- Wolf Boys gives hellish look into Mexican cartel underworld
- Jennifer Lopez stars as drug lord Griseldo Blanco in new HBO movie
- Power Play: The kidnapping and release of El Chapo's son
- Sinaloa cartel operation busted in New York
- Pablo Escobar's war on Colombia
- Colombian drug kingpin gets 35 years in prison for coke conspiracy
- Escobar vs Cali: War of the Cartels
- Godmother Griselda Blanco shot to death in Colombia
- Clock is ticking: Mexico approves El Chapo's extradition to US
- Mexican drug boss El Chapo Guzman recaptured
- Mexican cartels tighten iron grip on US drug markets
- Top 5 drug lords killed while on the run
- Did El Chapo put a $100 million bounty on Trump or not?
- How ATF's Fast and Furious crashed and burned
- Spotlight on Tampa Mafia with tour and magazine
- How Bonanno goodfellas whacked Lufthansa heist loot
- Gangsters Inc. sits down with FBI agent Jack Garcia
- The Man Who Stole the French Connection
Copyright © Gangsters Inc.