The hunt continues. Despite more and more reports showing the war on drugs has been lost, brave men and women continue the fight against those behind the production and distribution of illegal narcotics.
As this spectacular video footage taken by Colombian jungle commandos shows, it is a dangerous fight with death always just around the corner.
On this operation, Special Forces were on the hunt for Édgar Gutierrez Arenas, one of Colombia’s 20 Most Wanted drug lords. The leader of the Úsuga gang had a reward worth 115 million pesos ($40,000 USD) on his head.
They earned every penny.
After a violent shootout in the middle of the jungle, the commandos were able to finally arrest Gutierrez Arenas. And they captured the whole thing on their helmet camera. See the video for yourself below.
Get the latest on organized crime and the Mafia first at the Gangsters Inc. news section.
Follow Gangsters Inc. on Twitter and Facebook.
If you enjoyed this article you might also enjoy reading:
- Mexican drug boss El Chapo Guzman recaptured
- Mexican cartels tighten iron grip on US drug markets
- Top 5 drug lords killed while on the run
- Did El Chapo put a $100 million bounty on Trump or not?
- How ATF's Fast and Furious crashed and burned
- New map shows mob social clubs in New York
- Spotlight on Tampa Mafia with tour and magazine
- How Bonanno goodfellas whacked Lufthansa heist loot
- Sicilian Mafia travel guide reveals island's underworld
- Give a Man a Gun: The story of Carmine DiBiase
- The scoop on the man who brought down Genovese
- Gangsters Inc. sits down with FBI agent Jack Garcia
Copyright © Gangsters Inc.