Heisenberg takes on Pablo Escobar! If you ever needed a line to sell your movie this is it. In The Infiltrator we see Bryan Cranston, known best for his role as Walter White in AMC’s Breaking Bad, as a seasoned undercover U.S. Customs agent who goes in deep as he infiltrates the American branch of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar’s criminal empire.
The movie is based on – or inspired by – true events in the life of Robert Mazur, who “spent five years undercover infiltrating the criminal hierarchy of Colombia’s drug cartels,” according to his website. “The dirty bankers and businessmen he befriended—some of whom still shape power across the globe—knew him as Bob Musella, a wealthy, mob-connected big shot living the good life.”
The movie is scheduled for release this summer. It is directed by Brad Furman, who is also attached to Scarpa starring Sylvester Stallone as Colombo family capo Gregory Scarpa. Besides Cranston The Infiltrator features John Leguizamo as his undercover partner, Benjamin Bratt as Escobar’s man in the United States, Diane Kruger, and Amy Ryan to name a few.
Check out the official trailer below:
Get the latest on organized crime and the Mafia first at the Gangsters Inc. news section.
Follow Gangsters Inc. on Twitter and Facebook.
If you enjoyed this article you might also enjoy reading:
- The real "Heisenberg" hails from North Korea
- Breaking Bad comes to The Mob Museum in Las Vegas
- Better Call Saul? Here's our top 5 mob lawyers
- Mexican drug boss El Chapo Guzman recaptured
- Gangsters Inc. sits down with John Gotti Jr.
- Mexican cartels tighten iron grip on US drug markets
- Top 5 drug lords killed while on the run
- Did El Chapo put a $100 million bounty on Trump or not?
- How ATF's Fast and Furious crashed and burned
- New map shows mob social clubs in New York
- Spotlight on Tampa Mafia with tour and magazine
- How Bonanno goodfellas whacked Lufthansa heist loot
- Sicilian Mafia travel guide reveals island's underworld
- Gangsters Inc. sits down with FBI agent Jack Garcia
- The Man Who Stole the French Connection
- The Facts Behind The Kansas City Mob Depicted In Fargo
Copyright © Gangsters Inc.