By David Amoruso
It was undoubtedly the biggest crime news of 2014, the capture of Sinaloa cartel boss Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman on February 22 at his condominium in Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico. But in a new documentary a New York filmmaker poses the theory that Guzman was never really caught and that he continues living in freedom as Mexico’s overlord.
He accomplished this, director Charlie Minn claims in his documentary “Es El Chapo?”, by using a look-alike who is now serving time in prison while the real Guzman is still in hiding.
“Es El Chapo?” gets a one-week Waco, Texas, screening at Premiere Cinema 6 beginning today and can soon be seen in theatres in New York, Fresno, and Chicago. You can watch the trailer above.
If you enjoyed this article you might also enjoy reading:
- How ATF’s Fast and Furious crashed and burned
- The Canadian Connection: Flooding the U.S. with dope
- Buccaneer: The Story of Drug Smuggling Pilot Jack Reed
- Leader of Gulf Cartel arrested while shopping in Texas
- Profile of Mexican Cartel Boss Miguel Trevino Morales
- 5 of the dumbest moves in Mafia history
Copyright © Gangsters Inc.