Mexican authorities arrested the leader of the Acapulco division of the Beltran Levya drug cartel, Federal Police said in a statement Friday. Carlos Alberto “N,” alias “El Ruso,” is suspected of coordinating drug shipments and sales in the Pacific resort city. They also claim he was behind countless kidnappings and murders in the area.
Carlos Alberto “N” was one of six people arrested during a raid at an Acapulco home. The suspects were taken into custody without resisting their arrest. Police seized weapons, drugs, and communications equipment at the scene.
The Beltran Levya cartel was once part of Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman’s Sinaloa cartel, but split off after the group suspected Guzman had betrayed their boss, Alfredo “El Mochomo” Beltran Leyva, by turning police onto his trail, leading to his arrest.
The arrest of Carlos Alberto is a big win for Mexican authorities who say he maintained direct communications with former drug boss Hector Beltran Leyva, until his arrest in 2014, and that he is seen as the key perpetrator of violence in Acapulco, ordering the kidnapping and murder of several taxi drivers and drug distributors though to be working for rival gangs.
Get the latest on organized crime and the Mafia first at the Gangsters Inc. news section.
Follow Gangsters Inc. on Twitter and Facebook.
If you enjoyed this article you might also enjoy reading:
- NY father & son guilty of smuggling over 50 kilos of coke with Calabrian Mafia
- Clock is ticking: Mexico approves El Chapo's extradition to US
- Mexican drug boss El Chapo Guzman recaptured
- Mexican cartels tighten iron grip on US drug markets
- Top 5 drug lords killed while on the run
- Did El Chapo put a $100 million bounty on Trump or not?
- How ATF's Fast and Furious crashed and burned
- New map shows mob social clubs in New York
- Spotlight on Tampa Mafia with tour and magazine
- How Bonanno goodfellas whacked Lufthansa heist loot
- Sicilian Mafia travel guide reveals island's underworld
- Give a Man a Gun: The story of Carmine DiBiase
- The scoop on the man who brought down Genovese
- Gangsters Inc. sits down with FBI agent Jack Garcia
- The Man Who Stole the French Connection
- Joe Barboza: Boston Barbarian
Copyright © Gangsters Inc.