By Gangsters Inc. Editors
A murderous member of the Nine Trey Gangsters from New York was sentenced Wednesday to two consecutive terms of life in prison for the murders of two men in Newport News in June and July of 2014. 33-year-old Mark Anthony Skeete arrived in Virginia to run a prostitution ring, but left a trail of dead bodies in his wake.
Skeete came to Virginia in June 2014 and pimped out several adult women in the Richmond area. On June 28, 2014, he traveled to Newport News to pimp out a woman from New York. When a client of the woman was unable to pay, Skeete shot and killed him.
- READ: Nine Trey Gangsters hitmen held shooting competition to see who’d get highest body count
After the June 2014 murder, Skeete fled to North Carolina. He then returned to Newport News and killed another man on July 16, 2014 during a drug transaction. He also robbed the victim of money, drugs, and a cell phone.
- READ: The Blood Life: How robbery led to double homicide earning two United Blood Nation leaders life in prison
Shortly thereafter, he returned to Richmond. On September 17, 2014, authorities found Skeete, a previously convicted felon, in possession of a firearm in Richmond that was later forensically linked to the Newport News murders. Cartridge casings recovered from the June and July 2014 murder scenes revealed that the same Ruger .45 caliber firearm recovered on September 17, 2014 in Richmond was the weapon used in both of those murders.
Following the two murders in this case, Skeete shot and killed two other individuals in Richmond in September 2014. He was sentenced in state court to 75 years in prison for those murders.
- Back to the Street Gangs section on Gangsters Inc.
- Check out the latest news on organized crime and the Mafia at our news section
- Check out our social media channels
- About Gangsters Inc.
Copyright © Gangsters Inc.