By Gangsters Inc. Editors
A member of the Latin Dragons gang was sentenced to 15 years in prison, the U.S. Attorney of the Northern District of Indiana reported on Tuesday. 23-year-old Keenan Seymour, of Chicago, Illinois, had previously pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit racketeering activity for his role and participation in the Latin Dragons street gang.
As part of his sentencing, he was held responsible for a November 2017 murder.
Latin Dragons Nation
According to the Sixth Superseding Indictment returned on June 18, 2020, the Latin Dragons Nation is a criminal street gang that originated in Chicago and spread to other areas, including the Northern District of Indiana. It was alleged that members and associates of the Latin Dragons Nation engaged in acts of violence, including murder, attempted murder, witness tampering, and assault, to protect the gang’s territory.
In addition to Seymour, 18 other co-defendants pled guilty to participating in the racketeering conspiracy. Many of the defendants were held responsible for murders and other violent crimes they committed in Chicago and Northwest Indiana. Several of the co-defendants were sentenced as follows:
- Ralph Mendez, Jr. was sentenced to 42.5 years in prison, and was held responsible for a May 2017 gang-related drive-by shooting/murder and another drive-by shooting/murder committed in July 2017.
- Justin Anaya was sentenced to 35 years in prison and was held responsible for the July 2017 murder of a minor child and a November 2017 murder where he shot and killed a man while riding in a car.
- Gustavo Mata was sentenced to 35 years in prison and was held responsible for a July 2012 murder where he shot the victim from the back porch of a residence.
- Manuel Diaz was sentenced to 35 years in prison and was held responsible for a September 2017 murder where he shot and killed a man while driving in a car.
- Jonathan Arevalo was sentenced to 20 years in prison and was held responsible for providing a firearm for a July 2012 murder and a March 2015 gang-related felony murder.
- Luis Colunga was sentenced to 17 years in prison and was held responsible for a December 2012 felony murder.
- Javier Aguilera was sentenced to 18 years in prison and was held responsible for a December 2013 shooting from a car.
- Ralph Daniel Mendez was sentenced to 17 years in prison and was held responsible for an April 2017 drive-by shooting.
- Back to the Street Gangs section on Gangsters Inc.
- Check out the latest news on organized crime and the Mafia at our news section
- Check out our social media channels
- About Gangsters Inc.
Copyright © Gangsters Inc.