By Gangsters Inc. Editors
A federal jury in Brooklyn convicted Quandel “Chucky” Smothers Wednesday on both counts of an indictment charging him with racketeering conspiracy and possessing a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime in connection with his leadership of the East New York-based Elite Assassin Millas, a set of the Bloods street gang.
Six other members and associates of Elite Assassin Millas previously pleaded guilty after being charged in June 2020. When sentenced, 32-year-old Smothers faces a maximum of life in prison and a mandatory minimum sentence of five years.
The Elite Assassin Millas operated primarily in East New York, which the gang referred to as “Gun Town.” It profited through fraud and narcotics dealing, particularly the sale of crack cocaine and marijuana.
- READ: Coney Island West End Enterprise hitman sentenced to 32 years for murder and extortion of public works
Between 2006 and 2019, Smothers (right) and other gang members and associates engaged in fraud, narcotics trafficking, and significant acts of violence, including shootings that killed at least one individual and left several other victims permanently disabled.
On April 30, 2011, Smothers shot a fellow Elite Assassin Millas member whom he believed intended to harm another member of the gang over a drug-related dispute. As a result of the shooting, the victim’s leg was amputated.
- READ: Sex Money Murder: The violent rise and fall of Bronx gang ingrained in New York underworld’s history
Over the years that Smothers led the gang, it engaged in numerous feuds with other local street gangs in East New York that frequently resulted in shoot-outs between the groups. As a result of shootings, several individuals were paralyzed by members of Elite Assassin Millas, and one person — Michael Tenorio — was murdered.
The other defendants charged in the indictment previously pleaded guilty to crimes including murder, conspiracy to commit murder, assault, and interstate stalking causing life threatening injury. They are:
- TYSHAWN CORBETT (also known as “Reck”)
- QAWON ALLEN (also known as “40” and “Phorty Wap”)
- DESMONN BECKETT (also known as “Des”)
- DEVON BRISTOL (also known as “D”)
- MARLON BRISTOL (also known as “Marlo”)
- ANDREW CAMPBELL (also known as “Phaze”)
- Back to the Street Gangs section or Black organized crime on Gangsters Inc.
- Check out the latest news on organized crime and the Mafia at our news section
- Check out our social media channels
- About Gangsters Inc.
Copyright © Gangsters Inc.