By Gangsters Inc. Editors
German and Belgian authorities took down an Albanian organized crime group involved in large-scale drugs trafficking and money laundering across Europe. On 25 May, over 300 officers, including special intervention and K9 teams, carried out a series of simultaneous raids in both countries against the members of this family-structured criminal group.
The criminal organization under target specialized in the trafficking of heroin and cocaine. Investigators uncovered that the drugs were being smuggled in containers into Belgium, before being moved to Germany in vehicles equipped with sophisticated hidden compartments. The narcotics were then distributed throughout Europe.
Police searched 21 properties in Belgium and 5 in Germany. They arrested 17 individuals in total: 15 in Belgium and 2 in Germany. Over €700,000 euros in cash were seized over the course of the investigation.
Other seizures include:
- An indoor cannabis plantation
- 15 kilos of cannabis
- 3 kilos of synthetic drugs and 3 kilos of cocaine
- 13 vehicles, most of the equipped with professional hidden compartments
- 3 firearms
- Back to the European organized crime section on Gangsters Inc.
- Check out the latest news on organized crime and the Mafia at our news section
- Check out our social media channels
- About Gangsters Inc.
Copyright © Gangsters Inc.